Can a Facebook page be stolen?
If your Facebook account is stolen or hacked by an unauthorized user, there are steps you must take to regain access and keep others out. Frequently, when hackers steal accounts, they change the passwords to prevent account holders from logging in.
What do I do if someone stole my identity on Facebook?
Updated mobile browser experience
- Open the Facebook app for iOS or Android.
- Go to the impersonating Page.
- Tap from the top right and select Find support or report Page.
- Select Scams and Fake Pages.
- Select the option that best describes the impersonating Page.
- Tap Next.
How do I report impersonation on Facebook?
If you have a Facebook account and want to report a profile or Page:
- Go to the profile or Page of the impersonating account.
- Click below the cover photo.
- If you’re reporting a Page, select Find Support or Report Page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for impersonation to file a report.
How do I reclaim ownership of my Facebook page?
Most people don’t know how to request ownership of a Facebook page. You may need to contact the existing page owner. You may search for who’s the owner of that page, and send a request message to handover the page to you. If the Facebook page has a message option then also use it.
How do I claim a page on Facebook?
To claim an unmanaged Facebook Page:
- Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap in the top right, then tap Settings.
- Tap Business.
- Tap Claim Facebook Page.
- Log into your Facebook account to finish claiming your Page.
How do you get a Facebook page taken down?
It is not possible to delete an account by filing a report. Facebook’s Data Policy states that they “may retain your personal information for as long as needed to provide you services.” Facebook does not delete accounts but rather suspends them until the user logs in again.