Can I add to a macro recording?
When you record a macro for performing a set of tasks in a range in Excel, the macro will only run on the cells within the range. So if you added an extra row to the range, the macro will not run the process on the new row, but only the cells within the original range.
How do I import a CSV file into Excel Macros?
Using the Macro: Select the header cell of the columns, which must contain the name of a one of your files – including the file extension. You can edit this field after the data is loaded if you wish to remove the extension. Run the macro.
How do you take input in VBA?
- First, declare the variable myValue of type Variant. Dim myValue As Variant.
- Add the following code line to show the input box. myValue = InputBox(“Give me some input”)
- Write the value of myValue to cell A1. Range(“A1”).Value = myValue.
- The InputBox function has more optional arguments.
How do I auto capture data in Excel?
Fill data automatically in worksheet cells
- Select one or more cells you want to use as a basis for filling additional cells. For a series like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5…, type 1 and 2 in the first two cells.
- Drag the fill handle .
- If needed, click Auto Fill Options. and choose the option you want.
How do I edit a recorded macro in Excel?
On the Ribbon, click the Developer tab, then click Macros. In the Macro dialog box, click on the name of your macro. At the right of the dialog box, click Edit. The Excel Visual Basic Editor (VBE) opens, showing the code that you recorded.
Does VBA work with CSV files?
Open a Text File in Excel VBA. Being able to manipulate text and csv files with Excel VBA is a useful programming skill to add to your repertoire.
How do I import multiple CSV files into Excel?
To combine multiple csv files into one Excel workbook, these are the steps you need to follow:
- Put all your CSV files into one folder.
- On the Data tab, in the Get & Transform Data group, click Get Data > From File > From Folder.
- Browse for the folder into which you’ve put the csv files and click Open.
How do you take user input in Excel?
If you need to get input from a user under control of a macro, one method you can use is to employ the InputBox function. This function displays a dialog box and allows the user to type a response. The result is a string, returned to your macro, which you can then process and use.