Can SharePoint be used for records management?
SharePoint Server includes features that can help organizations implement integrated records management systems and processes.
How do I enable records management in SharePoint?
Activate in place records management in SharePoint
- Navigate to the top level site.
- Click Settings , and then click Site Settings.
- Under Site Collection Administration, click Site collection features.
- In Site collection features, find In Place Records Management and click Activate.
What is in place records management in SharePoint?
In the legacy SharePoint world, a site collection feature called In Place Records Management is activated to allow you to declare a document a record.
What is declare record in SharePoint 2010?
When you declare a file or item in a SharePoint app “record”, you put certain restrictions on it that are not tied to permissions. Most often you want to protect documents from being edited or deleted when you declare them records. Declaring record can be done manually on list items and on files in document libraries.
How do I create a records management plan?
Creating the File Plan
- Step 1: Plan the Project. Before creating a file plan, consider the people and resources that will be required:
- Step 2: Gather Information.
- Step 3: Identify and Document Functions.
- Step 4: Identify and Document Activities.
How do you set up a records management system?
5 Steps to an Effective Records Management Program
- Step 1: Set-up a Records Retention Schedule.
- Step 2: Policies and Procedures.
- Step 3: Accessibility, Indexing, and Storage.
- Step 4: Compliance Auditing.
- Step 5: Disposal of Obsolete Records.
What is a record library in SharePoint?
Record Libraries Record libraries are essentially document libraries that you create to classify and store important records. You create a record library for each type of record you want to retain. Records are automatically routed to the appropriate library based on the settings configured in the Content Organizer.
How do I create a record in SharePoint?
Declaring any list or library item as a record in SharePoint Server
- Navigate to the site and list or library that contains the item(s) that you want to declare as a record.
- Depending on whether you are working with a list or library, click the Items tab or the Documents tab on the Ribbon.
What is record management in SharePoint online?
You can manage records “in place,” which means that you can leave a document in its current location on a site, or store records in a specific archive, such as a Records Center site. Before you implement records management, it is recommended that you first create a records management plan for your organization.
What is the life cycle of records management?
According to the life cycle concept, records go through three basic stages: creation (or receipt), maintenance and use, and. disposition.
What are the 5 typical stages in a record keeping system?
These five easy steps will help you create a simple financial record-keeping system: capture, check, record, review, and act.
- Capture the Information.
- Check to Make Sure the Information Is Complete and Correct.
- Record the Information to Save It.
- Consolidate and Review the Information.
- Act Based on What You Know.