Can you make a pot pie with ham?
Ham Pot Pie is a cozy and comforting way to use up your leftover ham from the holidays! The ham and veggies are cooked in a creamy sauce and baked in a buttery, flaky homemade pie crust.
How do I make pea pie?
How to Make Pea pie
- Rub oil on the inside of a pie dish and cover with crumbs.
- Knead potatoes into a dough with a little oil and salt.
- Add half of ginger, chillies, cheese, coriander leaves and pepper.
- Divide into 2 balls.
- Roll out one ball and cover the bottom of the pie dish.
How do I make a ham pie?
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add salt, pepper, thyme, and poultry seasoning.
- Sprinkle flour into skillet and cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in chicken broth and then milk.
- Stir in ham.
- Fit one piecrust into the bottom of a deep dish 9-inch pie pan.
How long do you bake ham pie?
Total Time Prep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
How do I make a Maltese pea Pastizzi?
5 Method Steps
- Place peas in a saucepan. Cover with cold water.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat.
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced.
- Using a 10cm round cutter, cut 5 rounds from each pastry sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and golden.
What’s in a ham pie?
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard.
- 1 cup milk.
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion.
- 2-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham.
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed.
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped.
What is in ham pie?
In a large bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella, salt and pepper; add eggs one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition. Add cooked sausage, prosciutto, ham, parsley and grated cheese to ricotta mixture. Blend well. Fill dough lined pan with mixture.
What is in ham pot pie?
Ham Pot Pie Recipe is a fantastic make-ahead recipe with a rich filling of tender potatoes, gooey cheddar, and ham. Add in your favorite vegetables like corn, carrots, or broccoli to taste and this is a yummy way to use leftover ham!
How do you cook peas and Ham in a pie?
Add the peas and ham and cook until the peas are heated through. Stir in the cream and mustard, then turn off the heat. Season well and tip into a pie dish, ovenproof bowl or large shallow mug. Roll out the pastry using a little of the flour until it is larger than the top of your dish. Lightly score a criss-cross pattern into the pastry.
How do I make a ham and vegetable pie?
Once cooled, add the parsley and the ham pieces. Pre heat the oven to 400 F. Lay the pastry on a lightly-floured work surface and cut two pieces to line the tins and two for the lids, or two circles to fit the pie plate. Line the base of your chosen serving dish with one piece of pastry and fill with the ham and vegetable sauce.
How to cook a Ham in a crock pot?
Place ham in large pot and cover with water. Boil to make ham broth. Cut ham into cubes and set aside. Place potatoes in broth to cook while you are mixing dough. In large mixing bowl, mix flour, eggs, and milk to form soft dough.
What can I substitute for Ham in a pie?
You can replace the leftover ham with pulled pork for a delicious variation of the pie. Add 2 tablespoons grated cheddar or similar cheese for an extra tasty topper.