Can you use phyllo dough for a quiche?
There’s nothing like a savory, cheesy quiche to get your day started right. It’s hearty enough that you could even have it for dinner if you’d like. Why not! Thanks to the convenience of using phyllo dough, this impressive-looking, party-worthy quiche comes together in under an hour.
How do you make quiche in a muffin tin?
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk eggs, cheese, milk, pepper and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
- Bake until firm to the touch, about 25 minutes.
How do you make mini quiche with phyllo dough?
In a bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, salt, and pepper. For pesto quiches, whisk in prepared pesto. Pour egg mixture into each phyllo cup until just barely full to the top (quiches will puff when baking). Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until tops are puffed and just starting to brown.
What can I make with phyllo dough for breakfast?
Ham, egg, and cheese all wrapped up in flaky phyllo dough and baked to a crispy golden brown.
How do you use phyllo dough as a crust?
Work around the edges with your fingers, scrunching the layered phyllo together to create a ruffled effect. Bake the crust at 375°F (190°C), or at the temperature directed by your pie recipe. Fill raw and bake as directed. (You can tent the edges with foil if they begin to brown too much before the filling is baked.)
Can you use puff pastry quiche crust?
What pastry for quiche should I use? Puff pastry, shortcrust or pie crust all work well for quiche.
Should I blind bake filo pastry?
Cut the filo pastry down to the correct size for your muffin tins, then coat the filo pastry with the clarified butter and press into muffin tins creating four layers of buttered filo in each case. Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes until light golden-brown (to blind bake – they should not be completely cooked).
What can you make with filo sheets?
Filo pastry recipes
- Spicy lamb filo pie.
- Filo-baked figs stuffed with peppered goat’s cheese.
- Dulce de leche and apple filo turnovers.
- Chicken filo pies.
- Trout and broad bean filo tart.
- Honey baklava.
- Spinach and ricotta filo pie.
What is the fastest way to thaw phyllo sheets?
Upon removing the phyllo from your freezer, keep it in its original packaging and place it directly into the refrigerator. Never thaw at room temperature, as it will thaw too quickly and collect too much moisture. Do not separate until completely thawed.
How do you make mini quiche with puff pastry?
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Cut out pastry circles with biscuit cutter to fit patty pans.
- Place small amount of diced ham, tomato and spring onions in each pastry case.
- Beat together eggs, milk, salt, pepper and grated cheese.
- Fill each pastry case with egg mixture.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.