Has a broad definition?
You use broad to describe a word or meaning which covers or refers to a wide range of different things. The term Wissenschaft has a much broader meaning than the English word ‘science’. A broad description or idea is general rather than detailed.
What is the meaning of description description?
noun. a statement, picture in words, or account that describes; descriptive representation. the act or method of describing. sort; kind; variety: dogs of every description.
What makes a good description?
1. Good descriptive writing includes many vivid sensory details that paint a picture and appeals to all of the reader’s senses of sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste when appropriate. Descriptive writing may also paint pictures of the feelings the person, place or thing invokes in the writer.
How do you write a description of someone?
10 Tips for Writing Physical Descriptions of Your Characters
- You don’t always have to be specific.
- Use figurative language.
- Describe facial expressions.
- Make the descriptions match the tone.
- Scatter physical descriptions throughout the prose.
- Describe actions that reveal physical characteristics.
- A first person narrator can give biased opinions about appearances.
What is a broad idea mean?
6 adj A broad description or idea is general rather than detailed.
Who should be introduced first?
First, introduce men and boys to women and girls; and younger people to older people. In translation, this means to mention first the name of the person to whom you’re making the introduction. (When the introduction involves two people of the same sex and approximately the same age, the order doesn’t matter.)
What is description of a person?
A person’s appearance can be described in many ways. It is possible to tell about the person’s style of clothing, manner of walking, colour and style of hair, facial appearance, body shape, and expression or even the person’s way of talking.