How do I change a namespace in Maya?
Double-click the namespace. In the Rename Namespace window, type a new name, and click OK.
How do you delete a node in Maya?
Removing nodes in the Node Editor graph
- remove upstream nodes: Ctrl + ,
- remove downstream nodes: Ctrl + .
- remove selected nodes: Ctrl + l.
- remove unselected nodes: Ctrl + /
What is a namespace in Maya?
A namespace provides a way to give Maya objects unique identification. This unique naming scheme derives from the combination of the namespace name followed by an object’s name , or full DAG path (if the object is a DAG object).
Where is outliner Maya?
Click the icon under the Quick Layout buttons on the left side of the interface.
How do you delete parts in Maya?
You can delete the target objects manually from your scene, or you can have Maya delete the target objects when you create the blend shape deformer on the base object. Select one or more target objects in the view or Outliner. Press Delete.
How do I delete a attribute in Maya?
Select Modify > Edit Attribute, or in the Attribute Editor, select Attributes > Edit Attributes….
- Select the object/node with custom attributes you want to delete.
- Select Modify > Delete Attribute.
- Click the name of the attribute, then click Delete.
How do I change my prefix in Maya?
Select the parent node and select Modify > Prefix Hierarchy Names….
- Select the objects.
- Open the pop-up menu next to the input field(s) on the Status line and select Rename.
- Type the base name for all the objects. Maya renames the objects to have the base name plus an incremental number.
How do I fix the Outliner in Maya?
- In the main menu bar: Windows > Outliner.
- In a panel: Panels > Panel > Outliner.
- Click the icon under the Quick Layout buttons on the left side of the interface.
How do you delete history in Maya?
Deleting construction history
- Right-click the mesh and change the selection mode to Object Mode, and select the helmet mesh.
- Display the Channel Box if it isn’t already, and notice the list of history nodes that appear in the Inputs section.
- Select Edit > Delete by Type > History.
How do you delete meshes in Maya?
Maya does not use quads and triangles in the affected area in order to reduce the number of polygons. This action is equivalent to selecting all the edges surrounding the vertex and deleting them. Select one or more vertices on the polygon mesh. Select Edit Mesh > Delete Edge/Vertex.
How do I delete multiple faces in Maya?
Delete Polygons/Faces Switch to face Component Mode and select the face you want to delete: Press Delete or Backspace: Delete or Backspace = remove selected face on the object.
How do I delete object history in Maya?