How do I find my standard industry code?
How do I Determine the SIC Number for a Company?
- U.S. Department of Labor’s OSHA Website. You can search for a SIC code by entering a keyword in the search box or by clicking on the “SIC Manual” link which takes you to the 1987 edition of the Manual.
- NAICS & SIC Identification Tools of the NAICS Association.
How do I find my SIC Code South Africa?
The latest SIC Coding system can be found on Statistic SA www.statssa.gov.za.
How do I find my SIC code for my business?
There are three ways to find your code on the Companies House pages:
- Use the Find Company Information link on the home page. Type in your company name or registration number.
- Look through the list to find the 5 digit code against your type of business.
- Use the search facility for your type of business activity.
Which SIC code should I use?
If your company is dormant or non-trading, you will still need to provide a SIC code. The SIC code for dormant companies is 99999. The SIC code for non-trading companies is 74990.
What is a company’s SIC number?
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) codes are four-digit numerical codes that categorize the industries that companies belong to based on their business activities. Standard Industrial Classification codes were mostly replaced by the six-digit North American Industry Classification System (NAICS).
How do you categorize industries?
Sectors and industries At the top level, they are often classified according to the three-sector theory into sectors: primary (extraction and agriculture), secondary (manufacturing), and tertiary (services). Some authors add quaternary (knowledge) or even quinary (culture and research) sectors.
How do I find out my business classification?
Go to www.Census.gov and at the top highlight “Business” and click on “NAICS”. They have a section called “Ask Dr. NAICS” at that location. You can Call or E-mail them with your questions.
What is a company SIC code?
SIC codes, or standard industrial classification codes, are five-digit codes that group companies by their business activities.
Do all companies have a SIC code?
Every company has a primary SIC Code. This number indicates a company’s primary line of business. A company’s primary SIC Code is determined by the code definition that generates the highest revenue for that company at a specific location in the past year.