How do I get a Class B permit in California?
To obtain an original noncommercial Class B license – Adults must:
- Complete an application for a driver license (DL 44).
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit a Physician’s Health Report (DL 546A) (PDF) signed by your physician dated not more than two years prior to the date of your application.
What is a Class B license in California?
With a Class B Commercial Driver’s License you may drive a bus (other than a trailer bus), a single vehicle with a GVWR of more than 26,000 lbs, a 3-axle vehicle weighing over 6,000 pounds, a farm labor vehicle and any vehicle that a Class C driver is permitted to drive. Below are instructions on how to apply.
What is a category B learner permit?
Category B- This category involves vehicles other than motorcycles, mopeds, work vehicles or land tractors, whose Maximum Authorised Mass (MAM) does not exceed 3500 kg. It should have the capacity to carry a maximum of eight passengers in addition to the driver.
How do I get a Class B driver’s license?
How to obtain a Class B license
- Research state requirements.
- Earn your commercial leaner’s permit (CLP).
- Go through a screening process.
- Get a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical ability card.
- Attend a CDL program.
- Complete written exam and driver’s test.
What can you drive with a Class B license?
The category B licence lets you drive a motor vehicle with a maximum weight of up to 3,500kg, it can’t have more than eight passenger seats. If you want to use a trailer the most it can weigh without additional hassle is 750kg.
What can I drive with a Class B license?
What vehicles can I drive with a category B license?
Category B – if you passed your test on or after 1 January 1997. You can drive vehicles up to 3,500kg MAM with up to 8 passenger seats (with a trailer up to 750kg). You can also tow heavier trailers if the total MAM of the vehicle and trailer is not more than 3,500kg.
What can I drive with a Class B CDL?
Class B vehicles do not typically have a trailer. With the correct endorsements, a Class B CDL allows for the operation of vehicles including straight trucks, buses, garbage trucks, dump trucks, delivery trucks, and cement mixers. The correct endorsements with a Class B CDL can also be used to drive Class C vehicles.
What do I need to get my CDL permit in California?
How to Obtain a CDL License in California
- Submit a 10 Year History Record Check.
- Submit a completed Medical Examination Report Form and Medical Examiner’s Certificate.
- Provide proof of your social security number (SSN)
- Verify your identity with an acceptable identity document.
- Present acceptable residency documents.
How to obtain a Class B license in California?
Complete an application for a driver license (DL 44 ).
What is a California Class B license?
With a Commercial Class B License: a single vehicle with a GVWR of more than 26,000 pounds. a 3-axle vehicle weighing over 6,000 pounds. a bus (except a trailer bus), with endorsement. any farm labor vehicle, with endorsement. all vehicles under Class C. a single vehicle with a GVWR of 10,000 pounds or less. any vehicle a Class C licensed driver may tow.
What are the requirements for Class B?
Have a non-commercial driver’s license. To acquire a Class B license,you should already have a non-commercial driver’s license.
How to pass the California CDL class B license test?
Remember that this is not a speed race.