How do I index an article in WordPress?
Blog Posts Index page as Internal Page
- Step 1) Create a page called “Blog” or “Articles” or “Name it what-ever-you-want”.
- step 2) Select this newly created page for “Your Homepage Displays” option from the Settings -> Reading panel.
- step 3) That’s all. WordPress will use index. php or home.
- Admin Dashboard -> Posts panel.
How do I link a Table of Contents to a page in WordPress?
Adding a Table of Contents Using Plugins
- Navigate to Settings > Fixed TOC.
- In the General tab, select which post types you want to apply a TOC to, which heading levels to include, and where you want your TOC to be located.
- In the Color tab, choose the color scheme for your TOC.
How do I index a page in WordPress?
How to get your site found and indexed by Google:
- Create an XML sitemap with Yoast SEO. An XML sitemap is a file that contains information about your website.
- Set up an account with Google Search Console.
- Add your sitemap to Google Search Console.
- And/or, submit your most important individual pages in Google Search Console.
How do I manually create a Table of Contents in WordPress?
How to Create a Table of Contents in WordPress Manually
- Go to the post or page you want to add the table of contents to.
- If there are none, create the headings that will be used as the items in the table of contents.
- Click into the first heading block.
How do I create chapters in WordPress?
Create Index and Chapter Pages Go to the Appearance → Customize → Homepage Settings. Under Your homepage displays, choose A static page. Set Index as the Homepage. Set Chapters as the Posts page.
How do I add an article to WordPress?
To write a post:
- Log in to your WordPress Administration Screen (Dashboard).
- Click the ‘Posts’ tab.
- Click the ‘Add New’ sub-tab.
- Start filling in the blanks: enter your post title in the upper field, and enter your post body content in the main post editing box below it.
How do I link Table of Contents?
After you’ve marked the destination, you’re ready to add the link.
- Select the text or object you want to use as a hyperlink.
- Right-click and then click Hyperlink .
- Under Link to, click Place in This Document.
- In the list, select the heading or bookmark that you want to link to.
How do I create a Table of Contents in WordPress without plugins?
How to add a Table of Contents in WordPress without a plugin
- Step 1: First complete your draft. Adding a ToC in WordPress comes later.
- Step 2: Add HTML anchor to the headings.
- Step 3: Create the Table of Contents.
- Step 4: Add links to the Table of Contents.
How do I change the index in WordPress?
How to Change the Default Home Page in WordPress
- Log in to the administration area of your WordPress site.
- Click on “Settings” in the left sidebar to expand the “Settings” submenu.
- Click on the radio button labelled “A static page” in the “Front Page Displays” section to set the front page to display a static page.
How do I make a Table of Contents on my website?
This guide covers the following:
- Open an empty page of a Web Document.
- Click on the page.
- Select Table of Contents.
- When you apply the Table of Contents module on the page the settings menu is displayed. Choose settings and click on Save to apply the Table of Contents to the page.