How do I restore my Dell Optiplex 780 to factory settings?
After the computer has been turned off, press “F11” in Windows XP or “F8” in Windows Vista while it is booting. In Windows XP, click “Restore” and then “Confirm”. The button will appear and you will be asked to click “Finish”.
How do I reset the BIOS password on my Dell Optiplex 780?
Reset BIOS Admin password on Optiplex 780 SFF
- Power off system and remove jumper (normally blue) from PSWD1.
- Boot system – BIOS should alert about password disabled.
- Power down and replace jumper.
- Password should now be cleared – check in BIOS settings.
How do I restore my Dell Optiplex 755 to factory settings?
The Dell Optiplex 755 can be restored by turning off the computer. After the computer has booted, hold down “Ctrl” and press “F11” in Windows XP or “F8” in Windows Vista. In Windows XP, click “Restore” and “Confirm”. The button will appear and you will be asked to click “Finish”.
How do I reset my Dell computer to factory settings without administrator password?
Reset Dell Laptop to Factory Settings without Knowing Admin…
- From the login screen, click the Power icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- The computer will restart and take you to the troubleshooting option screen.
- Now you’ll see the options to reset or refresh your computer.
- Click Next.
What is the default admin password for Dell?
Default Password Every computer has a default administrator password for the BIOS. Dell computers use the default password “Dell.” If that does not work, do a quick inquiry of friends or family members that have used the computer recently.
How do I restore my Dell Optiplex to factory settings?
Be sure you have backed up your files before beginning this task.
- Click Start.
- Select Reset this PC (System Setting).
- Under Advanced Startup, select Restart now.
- At the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
- Select Factory Image Restore.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process.