How do I setup my Magtek card reader?
The Magtek credit card swipe reader is a plug-and-play device compatible with both PCs and Macs….Connect the USB cable to a USB port on your PC.
- Windows will automatically detect the driver.
- Click Close.
- A green LED indicator on the top corner of the device will appear, signifying that it is ready for use.
Why is my Magtek card reader not working?
First, disconnect the USB cable from the card reader: Plug it back in and make sure you see a green light: Then try swiping a card again. If that does NOT work (or if the card swipe does not have a green light at all), then you’ll need to try unplugging the device from the Hub Server itself.
How do I setup my Magtek card reader on my iPad?
Connect the card reader to your iPad as follows:
- MagTek iDynamo: Insert the card reader into your iPad’s dock connector.
- MagTek uDynamo/ID TECH Shuttle: Insert the card reader into your iPad’s headphone jack. NOTE: The Magtek uDynamo is not compatible with the iPad Pro.
How do I connect my MagTek card reader to my Iphone?
On the card reader, press and hold the button until the blue status light blinks three times. The Bluetooth status LED light will blink once every three seconds indicating it is in pairing mode. 4. Select the card reader from the list of Bluetooth devices.
How do you reset a Magtek card reader?
- The Magtek card reader is a piece of hardware.
- That can be reset by pressing the small button on the back of the device.
- This will cause it to reboot and start up in factory settings.
How do I test my Magtek card reader?
Download the Magtek Test application and open on your iPad with Dynamo connected. Swipe a card and see what data is pulled from the card. A healthy card reader should list 3 tracks of data with a lot of additional information. Contact Magtek for additional troubleshooting help @ (651) 415-6800 or [email protected].
How do I connect my Square reader to my iPad?
To connect your reader:
- Go to your device settings and make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Open the Square app and tap More from the navigation bar at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap Settings > Hardware > Card Readers > “Connect a Reader.”
- Put your reader into pairing mode by pressing the reader’s button for 3-10 seconds.
How do I put my eDynamo in pairing mode?
Open the Android settings app and click Bluetooth. 2. To start pairing, hold the button on the side of the eDynamo device until it flashes three times. Then the light will flash blue every second.
How do I reset my Magtek card reader?