How do you access the Sydney Morning Herald archives?
Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web. Available at: http://archives.smh.com.au/fnc_login_a.php.
Where can I find old newspaper articles in Australia?
- Trove. You can access a huge repository of Australian material in this online search engine developed by the National Library of Australia.
- Digitised Australian newspapers @ Trove. Go directly to Trove’s newspaper collection.
- Trove Search Help Centre – Searching Newspapers.
- Finding newspaper articles.
Did not receive my SMH?
If yours wasn’t delivered, you can contact our customer service team by submitting a request or phone 13 66 66. We can compensate you for missed paper delivery with a credit on your subscription. However, as per our terms and conditions, missed deliveries must be reported within three days.
How old is the SMH?
The Sydney Morning Herald began its remarkable journey on this day 185 years ago in the midst of gale-force winds and a spectacular thunderstorm that waxed and waned for three days.
How can I find old newspaper articles online for free?
If you don’t see an online version in the library catalog or it is the wrong time period, try finding freely available digitized versions through:
- Williams WorldCat.
- International Coalition on Newspapers list of newspaper digitization projects.
- Google News Archive Search.
How do I contact SMH?
Contact The Sydney Morning Herald For general inquiries please contact us at 02 9906 9990. To report an error in a story, log an official complaint or give other editorial feedback please email [email protected]
How do you send a letter to SMH?
Rules and tips for submitting letters
- Email: [email protected]
- Keep it short We ask for letters to be no longer than 200 words for The Sydney Morning Herald and 150 words for The Sun-Herald.
- Keep it simple Try to make one or two clear points.
- Keep it with us Don’t copy your letter to other newspapers.