How do you do a drop down list in Excel 2010?
How to Make a Drop Down in Excel 2010
- Create the list for the dropdown.
- Select the items, enter a name, then press Enter.
- Click the cell where the dropdown should be.
- Choose the Data tab.
- Click Data Validation.
- Choose the List option.
- Type an “=” sign, then the Name from step 2.
- Click the OK button.
Why is Data Validation not showing in Excel?
Please go to File > Options > Customize Ribbon, change to all commands, find Data Validation button and add it to the ribbon. Or, if you haven’t made any customization on your ribbon, you could just check the reset button to reset your ribbon to the default settings, see if that helps.
Why does my drop down list keep disappearing?
In some cases, the arrow of drop down list disappears because the option called In-cell dropdown is not checked. 3. Clock OK to close dialog, and you can see the arrow of drop down list has been shown.
How do I add to a drop-down list in Excel?
Edit a drop-down list with items that have been entered manually
- On the worksheet where you applied the drop-down list, select a cell that has the drop-down list.
- Go to Data > Data Validation.
- On the Settings tab, click in the Source box, and then change your list items as needed.
Why wont my drop down boxes work?
EASIEST SOLUTION: Try resetting your mouse by unplugging your mouse USB adapter. It may be stuck in a scroll which renders the drop down menu useless on Chrome. Worked for me. Same issue started happening today when chrome was updated to latest version.
How do I enable drop down menus in chrome?
Navigate to the top right corner of your window, and click on the icon located in the toolbar that is three dots stacked on top of one another. Result: A dropdown list will appear under the icon. Select the Settings option from the dropdown menu.