How do you make cheesy olive bread?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the sliced bread cut sides up on a large cookie sheet.
- In a medium sized bowl, add olives, butter, ,mayonnaise, cheese and green onions. Mix until all incorporated.
- Spread evenly on each sides of the bread. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Can you freeze olive cheese bread?
Now, if I were to put the half-loaf of unbaked olive cheese bread straight into a freezer bag, the soft butter/cheese/mayo mixture would make a heckuvu mess all over the bag. Flash freezing solves that problem.
What cheese goes with olive bread?
Olive breads pair well with feta and other salty sheep’s milk cheeses. A little drizzle of vincotto vinegar (a sweet, velvety condiment with subtle overtones of spice and dried fruit) lends a sweet tang that adds a counterpoint to the saltiness of the olives and feta.
What do you put on olive loaf sandwiches?
Combine olives, celery, garlic and dressing. Cut bread horizontally in half. Hollow out top half of loaf slightly; discard removed bread or reserve for another use. Spread bottom half of bread with half the olive mixture; top with layers of meat, cheese and remaining olive mixture.
Is olive bread healthy?
Is olive bread healthy? Yes, especially a dutch oven olive bread. Since olives have heart-healthy fats and we are making the bread from scratch with top-quality bread flour, it is good and good for you!
How do you serve olive bread?
This bread is excellent made as a focaccia bread using a 9-inch cake pan or can also be made in a regular loaf pan. Eat it as-is or carefully slice it horizontally when cooled for a delicious sandwich bread!
How do you make Mediterranean olive bread?
- 3 1/4 cups bread flour plus extra for dusting your work surface.
- 2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast.
- 1 1/2 tsp salt.
- 1 1/2 cups warm water.
- 1 3/4 cups mixed olives pitted and roughly chopped.
- 1 tbsp olive oil to coat the resting bowl.
- Cornmeal for dusting.
Can I freeze olive bread?
Can you freeze bread? Great question! If you are prepping for an emergency or simply accidentally purchased too much bread at the grocery store, don’t worry, you can definitely freeze bread and keep it good for later.