How do you make sweet vermicelli with condensed milk?
- Heat ghee on low to medium flame in a wide and deep pot.
- Pour the milk and water along with the cardamom pods.
- Reduce to low and add the condensed milk and sugar.
- Switch off and serve warm or room temperature garnished with saffron strands, fried nuts and raisins.
How do you make Seviyan kheer with condensed milk?
- Now add the evaporated milk and condensed milk.
- Let it simmer for 7 to 8 minutes. Make sure to stir in-between.
- Now add the saffron and cardamom soaked milk and mix. Just cook for 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Serve warm, or you can allow it cool and refrigerate and serve chilled.
How do you thicken vermicelli kheer?
Cook the vermicelli kheer mixture for 3 to 4 minutes more till the vermicelli gets cooked and the milk thickens. When the vermicelli has softened and cooked well, the kheer will also thicken and look creamy.
What uses condensed milk?
My Favorite Ways to Use Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Turn it into a one-ingredient caramel sauce. One of the most magical things you can do with a can of sweetened condensed milk is turn it into caramel.
- Add it to your morning coffee or tea.
- Make tres leches cake.
- Drizzle it on top of fresh fruit.
- Make rolled ice cream.
How do you thicken kheer?
You may add more milk for a runny consistency. How do you thicken kheer? Simmer kheer for a little longer to thicken it. Rice is full of starch so as you cook the starch releases from the rice and kheer thickens further.
Can we add milkmaid in boiling milk?
Bring milk to a boil. Add Nestlé MILKMAID, semiyan and elaichi. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
How do you make vermicelli milk?
Add 1 cup of water and 1/4 cup of milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the vermicelli is cooked, while stirring continuously. Add the sugar and remaining 1 3/4 cups of milk, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
How do you make sweet vermicelli at home?
How to make meethi seviyan
- Firstly keep all the ingredients ready for the seviyan.
- Chop the dry fruits and place aside.
- Heat a pan and then add 1 tbsp ghee.
- Let the ghee melt and then add 1 cup of the broken seviyan.
- On a low to medium flame, with frequent stirrings, roast the seviyan till they become golden.
Can condensed milk replace milk?
Sweetened condensed milk cannot be substituted for whole milk. Condensed milk is milk that has been reduced and to which a great deal of sugar has been added. You can, however, substitute evaporated milk for whole milk. Just add the same amount of water as you have evaporated milk; example, 1 cup milk and 1 cup water.
How long does it take to make Semiya kheer?
This incredibly easy recipe of semiya kheer comes together in 20 minutes and makes for an excellent dessert or sweet that can be eaten as is or served with a North Indian meal. The Hindi word Seviyan means vermicelli in the English language and called Semiya in South India.
How do you thicken Semiya kheer?
When the vermicelli has softened and cooked well, the kheer will also thicken and look creamy. Do scrape the sides of the kadai where milk solids will be collected and add them to the kheer. Note that on cooling the semiya kheer will thicken more.
What is Semiya Payasam or vermicelli kheer?
Semiya payasam or vermicelli kheer is basically an Indian pudding made using vermicelli noodles & milk and it is best to not leave milk puddings at room temperatures for long, once its prepared.
How to make payasam/kheer?
Boil milk in a pan, add the roasted vermicelli and cook stirring until soft and tender. Once the vermicelli is cooked, add the condensed milk, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add cashew nuts, raisins, and cardamom powder. Your payasam/kheer is ready.