How do you split a polygon tool in Maya?
Split polygons with the Multi-Cut Tool
- The Tools section of the Modeling Toolkit window, and clicking .
- The main menu bar, by selecting Mesh Tools > Multi-Cut.
- The marking menu, by selecting Multi-Cut Tool (to open the marking menu, Shift + right-click when an object, edge, or face is selected).
How do you split an object in half in Maya?
Click on either side of your mesh to define two slice points….
- Select the mesh you want to slice.
- Open the Multi-Cut Tool.
- (Optional) In the Modeling Toolkit window, select Delete Faces or Extract Faces in the Slice Tool options.
- Click one of the Slice Along Plane buttons.
- Use the manipulator to adjust the slice.
How do you split edge in Maya?
Choose Edit Polygons > Split Polygon Tool. The Tool Settings dialog box opens with Split Polygon tool options. 3. Select Snap To Magnets and Snap To Edge, and adjust the Magnet Tolerance slider to the middle of the range ( Figure 8.58 ).
How do you split a polygon?
To split a polygon, use the Cut Polygons tool, then draw a line across the polygon. The cut operation updates the shape of the existing feature and creates one or more new features. If there is no domain assigned to a field, the attribute values are copied from the original feature to the new feature.
How do you cut a polygon in half in ArcGIS?
You now have two polygons: select only the inner polygon and press the DELETE key.
- Click the Edit tool.
- Click the polygon you want to split.
- Click the Cut Polygons tool.
- Click the map to create a line that cuts completely through the original polygon as desired.
How do I split a line in a polygon in ArcGIS?
Use the output points in Data Management Tools > Features > Split Line at Point tool to break apart the lines at the point locations (this tool requires an Advanced license).
How do I detach an object in Maya?
You can select the faces (half of the cylinder), [Mesh] -> [Extract]. You will be left with two separate, independent objects. Or Select one edge loop (where You want to cut) and go to [Edit Mesh]->[Detach Components].