What a curfew means?
English Language Learners Definition of curfew : an order or law that requires people to be indoors after a certain time at night. : the period of time when such an order or law is in effect. chiefly US : the time set by a parent at which a child has to be back home after going out.
What word rhymes with KISS?
Words That Rhyme With “Kiss” :
- 1 syllable: bis, bliss, Chris, Cris, criss, cuisse, dis, diss, hiss, kis, kris, lis, liss, miss, piss, sis, Swiss, this, vis.
- 2 syllables: abyss, amiss, dehisce, dismiss, iwis, remiss, submiss.
- 3 syllables: Cheremis, reminisce. About | Privacy | Words | Feedback. © 2021 RhymeDesk.com.
What are the benefits of curfew?
List of the Advantages of Teenage Curfew
- It can be a way to give families access to the services they require.
- Most curfew laws allow teens to be outside after the permitted time for specific reasons.
- It reduces the threat of human trafficking and child exploitation.
What is another word for curfew?
In this page you can discover 16 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for curfew, like: restriction, check-in time, evening, regulation, time, late hour, bell, house-arrest, limit, time-limit and midnight.
How do you spell curfew?
Correct spelling for the English word “curfew” is [kˈɜːfjuː], [kˈɜːfjuː], [k_ˈɜː_f_j_uː] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Why do no words rhyme with orange?
Joel Spolsky asked what rhymes with orange. The official answer is, “Nothing,” although a creative poet can get close by using half words, just the -nge part or resorting to place names and foreign words.
What word rhymes with family?
What use instead of some?
What is another word for some?
|copious amounts of||endless|
|more than a few||quite a few|
What does word lockdown mean?
1 : the confinement of prisoners to their cells for all or most of the day as a temporary security measure. 2a : an emergency measure or condition in which people are temporarily prevented from entering or leaving a restricted area or building (such as a school) during a threat of danger …
What’s another word for period of time?
What is another word for time period?
|time interval||amount of time|
|interval||interval of time|
|period||period of time|
What word rhymes with lockdown?
What rhymes with lockdown?
- 1 syllable. Down. Town. Crown. Brown. Drown. Clown. Frown. Gown. Noun.
- 2 syllables. Knockdown. Around. Downtown. Hometown. Touchdown. Shutdown. Uptown. Breakdown. Playground.
- 3 syllables. Chinatown. Leprechaun. Shantytown. Cooperstown. Charlottetown. Watertown. Middletown. Runaround. Want to find rhymes for another word?
What word rhymes with pretty?
What is the opposite word of lockdown?
The opposite of lockdown is actually called freedom.
Does forage rhyme with orange?
e.g. ‘forage’. No they don’t. The /n/ of ‘orange’ precludes it. Sometimes simply matching final consonants is called ‘slant rhyme’, or simply a ‘groaner’ but it isn’t much of a poetic device, and can’t be used in most cases that require rhyme.
What word rhymes with mask?
Is child one or two syllables?
Wondering why child is 1 syllable? Contact Us!
What’s another word for lockdown?
What is another word for lockdown?
What word rhymes with over?
Is the word orange one or two syllables?
Single-syllable words are never hyphenated. But since orange can be pronounced as either one or two syllables, orange is a one syllable word that has an end-of-line division in it.
What word rhymes with again?
What is curfew among minors?
Juvenile curfews are local ordinances or laws proscribing minors, generally within a specified age range, from occupying public areas and streets during particular times. In addition, curfew keeps them away from temptations such as drug use, violent acts, sexual risks, heavy partying, and alcohol intake.