What are some good newspaper ideas?
Some great topics to write on are:
- New governmental policies.
- Trending stories – stories that polarize people, cause social upheaval, or that most people are following.
- Social issues (parenting, divorce, dating, religion, marriage, diversity, racism, etc).
- School policy and rules.
- School curriculum.
What should I write a newspaper article about?
Newspaper articles should:
- Include facts.
- Have a short, snappy and informative headline.
- Provide a summary at the start explaining what happened (but not giving everything away!).
- Use paragraphs to help the reader clearly understand the information.
- Provide quotes to show people’s opinions about the event.
How do you write a newspaper article in a story?
How to Write a News Story
- Choose a recent, newsworthy event or topic.
- Conduct timely, in-person interviews with witnesses.
- Establish the “Four Main Ws”
- Construct your piece.
- Insert quotations.
- Research additional facts and figures.
- Read your article out loud before publication.
How do you write a news story example?
Newspaper Article Outline
- Article outline.
- I. Lead sentence. Grab and hook your reader right away.
- II. Introduction. Which facts and figures will ground your story?
- III. Opening quotation.
- IV. Main body.
- V. Closing quotation.
- VI. Conclusion (optional—the closing quote may do the job)
What should I write for my school newspaper?
High School Newspaper Story Ideas
- Modern day heroes.
- Unusual pets.
- Unusual jobs (or students who meet famous people as a result of their part-time job)
- Making a comeback—students or faculty who have overcome incredible odds.
- The rescue team—librarians who save your necks during research paper time.
What makes a good news story?
A good news story is one that has all the facts. We also add it has the faces and also has the voices. So a good news story has the facts, the faces, and the voices. I think it should be very informative, so that people can learn and obtain very useful information.
How do I get my story on the news?
- Write Your Press Release. The most critical piece of any press release is the angle.
- Find Local Media Outlets.
- Identify the Right Local Media Contacts.
- Craft Your Email Query (aka Pitch)
- Pitch Your News Story by Email & Follow Up.
- Respond to Journalists.
- Cultivate Relationships With Local Press Contacts.
How do you write a school newspaper?
Writing Articles for the School Newspaper
- The first paragraph.
- Who, what, where, when, and, maybe, why, and how.
- Make the story interesting.
- Use clean, crisp English. News writing should be short and to the point. News stories deliver the facts quickly.
- Add pictures.
- Be accurate.
- Be fair.
- Spell Check.
What is a newspaper example?
Examples include The Sun, The National Enquirer, The Star Magazine, New York Post, the Chicago Sun-Times, and The Globe.
Where can I find story ideas?
You can get compelling plot ideas by reading the news or historical texts or watching documentaries. You can also use an existing nonfiction book to inspire a fictional novel, short story, or script. Thinking more broadly, you can source inspiration from a podcast, a poem, or even a self-help book.