What are some good topics for an argumentative essay?
BEST ARGUMENTATIVE PAPER TOPICS
- Education should be free for everyone.
- Why are the US citizens rapidly becoming more obese?
- Internet access must be limited to students.
- Young people must have a right to choose when it comes to military.
- Each student must have a right to pick only those disciplines he is interested in.
How would you define an argument?
1 : a reason or the reasoning given for or against a matter under discussion — compare evidence, proof. 2 : the act or process of arguing, reasoning, or discussing especially : oral argument.
What is a topic sentence in a persuasive essay?
A topic sentence is the first sentence of a paragraph that signals to the reader what the para- graph’s main idea will be. Topic sentences should: » relate back to the argument of the thesis; » concisely summarize the key idea of the paragraph; » can even contain key words from the thesis statement.
How do you write a good topic sentence for an argumentative essay?
It should be a clear, specific, focused, and arguable claim. Incorporate vocabulary from your thesis. Incorporating some of the same words or language from the thesis statement into a topic sentence can give the argument a sense of coherence.
What are the qualities of an argumentative thesis statement?
- Your thesis statement should be one to two sentences.
- Your thesis statement should clearly present the main idea of your essay and make some kind of assertion (even if that assertion is about bringing two sides together).
- Your thesis should not make an “announcement” about what your essay will cover.
What is the difference between a thesis and a topic sentence?
While the thesis gives unity to the essay, the topic sentence gives unity to the paragraph by developing one major point suggested in the controlling idea of the thesis. Like the thesis, the topic sentence is integral to the organization of the essay.
How do you write a definition argument essay?
For your Definitional Argument Essay:
- introduce the issue and state the claim.
- define key terms.
- present your first criterion and argument that your case meets your definition.
- present your second criterion and argument that your case meets your definition.
What is the role of topic sentences?
A topic sentence must highlight the main idea of a paragraph, letting the reader know what the paragraph will be about. The topic sentence must present an idea that will unify the rest of the paragraph while relating it back to the main thesis of the paper.