What are the learning activities?
15 active learning activities to energize your next college class
- Think-pair-repair. In this twist on think-pair-share, pose an open-ended question to your class and ask students to come up with their best answer.
- Improv games.
- Concept mapping.
- The one-minute paper.
- Real-time reactions.
- Chain notes.
How do you build your students confidence?
English teacher guide: 7 tips for boosting student confidence
- Praise their efforts. This may sound obvious, but sometimes the progress made on a learning journey can be forgotten.
- Avoid correcting every word in free speech.
- Ask them about their goals.
- Encourage them to ask questions.
- Give them a chance to teach you.
- Use visuals.
- Instil habits and repetition.
What does Gibbs say about reflection?
Gibbs states that by reflecting on your learning experience, it allows you to better your performance as it is happening, as well as improving it for the future. Without this reflection on your own learning, it is therefore difficult to improve for next time.
How can students make English interesting?
10 Ways to Keep Your Class Interesting
- Incorporate Mystery Into Your Lessons.
- Don’t Repeat Classroom Material.
- Create Classroom Games.
- Give Your Students Choices.
- Use Technology.
- Don’t Take Teaching so Seriously.
- Make Your Lessons Interactive.
- Relate Material to Your Students’ Lives.
How do you write a reflection for a student?
Reflection papers should have an academic tone, yet be personal and subjective….Writing a Reflection Paper Outline
- State what you are analysing: a passage, a lecture, an academic article, an experience, etc…)
- Briefly summarize the work.
- Write a thesis statement stating how your subject has affected you.