What do you mean by tempt?
1 : to entice to do wrong by promise of pleasure or gain. 2a : to induce to do something. b : to cause to be strongly inclined was tempted to call it quits. 3a : to try presumptuously : provoke tempt fate. b : to risk the dangers of.
Why does tempting mean?
tempting Add to list Share. Anything that’s tempting makes you excited or interested, like a tempting chocolate doughnut or a tempting offer to go to the movies instead of doing your chores. An invitation or offer that intrigues you is tempting—even if it might ultimately be a bad idea.
How do you use the word tempt?
- An open door may tempt a saint.
- Don’t tempt thieves by leaving valuables clearly visible.
- Credit cards can tempt you to overstretch yourself .
- The new program is designed to tempt young people into studying engineering.
- Nothing would tempt me to join the army.
What is the synonym of temptation?
1 lure, attraction, pull, seduction, inducement.
Is it tempted or tempting?
to entice or allure to do something often regarded as unwise, wrong, or immoral. to attract, appeal strongly to, or invite: The offer tempts me. to render strongly disposed to do something: The book tempted me to read more on the subject. to put (someone) to the test in a venturesome way; provoke: to tempt one’s fate.
Is tempting word used for food?
Appetizing is everything we find appealing, mouth-watering, delectable, savory, delicious, palatable, inviting, tantalizing, toothsome, luscious, tempting, tasty, enticing.
What is the meaning of temptation chocolate?
Tempting definition The definition of tempting is something that is attractive or appealing. An example of something tempting is chocolate cake to someone on a diet.
How do you tempt someone?
- to entice or allure to do something often regarded as unwise, wrong, or immoral.
- to attract, appeal strongly to, or invite: The offer tempts me.
- to render strongly disposed to do something: The book tempted me to read more on the subject.
- to put (someone) to the test in a venturesome way; provoke: to tempt one’s fate.
What is the opposite of temptation?
Opposite of a thing likely to lure or tempt someone into harm or error. frankness. freedom. honesty. liberation.
How many temptations are there?
Six of the Temptations (Edwards, Franklin, Kendricks, Ruffin, Otis Williams and Paul Williams) were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1989….
|Origin||Detroit, Michigan, U.S.|
|Genres||R&B soul funk psychedelic soul|
|Labels||Warwick Miracle Motown Atlantic New Door|