What is a Remington Model 03 A3?
Description: U.S. World War II Remington Model 03A3 Bolt Action Rifle. This is an excellent example of a WWII production rifle as manufactured by the Remington Arms Company. The top of the receiver is marked “U.S./REMINGTON/MODEL 03-A3” over the serial number and the barrel is marked “RA/flaming bomb/9-43”.
What caliber is a 1903A3?
The M1903 Springfield, officially the United States Rifle, Caliber .30-06, Model 1903, is an American five-round magazine-fed, bolt-action service repeating rifle, used primarily during the first half of the 20th century.
What caliber is a U.S. Smith Corona Model 03 A3?
These changes were significant enough to warrant a new “model” designation and, on May 21, 1942, the “U.S. Rifle, Caliber . 30, Model of 1903A3” was standardized.
What is the on/off lever on a 1903 Springfield?
The lever on your rifle is, indeed, the magazine cut-off. All M1903 rifles, from the beginning of production until the final variants (such as the M1903A3), were equipped with the feature. The purpose of the magazine cut-off was to permit the rifle to function as a single-shot with a full magazine held in reserve.
What rifle did snipers use in ww2?
Common sniper rifles used during the Second World War include: the Soviet M1891/30 Mosin–Nagant and, to a lesser extent, the SVT-40; the German Mauser Karabiner 98k and Gewehr 43; the British Lee–Enfield No. 4 and Pattern 1914 Enfield; the Japanese Arisaka 97; the American M1903A4 Springfield and M1C Garand.
Who made 1903A3 rifles?
30, Model of 1903A3” on May 21, 1942. Remington began deliveries of the new variant in December 1942. There was a period of time when the company manufactured the M1903 Modified and the M1903A3 variants concurrently. The last of the M1903 Modified rifles were turned out in May 1943.
What was the most accurate rifle of WW2?
1. The Springfield ’03. The Springfield Model 1903 began its career as a standard infantry rifle, but its accuracy and reliability led to the creation of a sniper variant that was basically the same except the iron sites were gone and permanent mountings for telescopic sights were placed instead.