What is difference between relief and relieve?
Relief is a condition of being comfortable. Ex. He enjoyed his relief from responsibility. Relieve on the other hand refer to a relief from physical pain.
What is another word for relieve?
Some common synonyms of relieve are allay, alleviate, assuage, lighten, and mitigate.
Is there a word relieve?
verb (used with object), re·lieved, re·liev·ing. to ease or alleviate (pain, distress, anxiety, need, etc.). to free from anxiety, fear, pain, etc. to free from need, poverty, etc.
How do you use relieve?
Being able to tell the truth at last seemed to relieve her.
- Drugs helped to relieve the pain.
- Her jokes helped to relieve the tension.
- This will relieve pressure on him.
- May I relieve you of that heavy bag?
- The doctors did their best to relieve the patient.
- This will relieve the heat of the fever.
When you relieve someone?
If you relieve someone, you take their place and continue to do the job or duty that they have been doing.
What is the past tense of relief?
relieve Definitions and Synonyms
What is the opposite meaning of relieve?
Opposite of to provide assuagement or palliation to. aggravate. exacerbate.
What is the antonyms of relieve?
antonyms for relieve
What does relieved mean in a sentence?
/rɪˈliːvd/ B2. happy that something unpleasant has not happened or has ended: [ + to infinitive ] I’m so relieved to find you – I thought you’d already gone. He was relieved to see Jeannie reach the other side of the river safely.
What is a sentence for relieves?
1. Drugs helped to relieve the pain. 2. Her jokes helped to relieve the tension.