What is Penne al Salmone?
Penne al salmone is an Italian dish consisting of salmon, cream, and either wine or vodka. Some versions use smoked salmon, but this version uses fresh salmon in the recipe. This pasta is creamy and saucy – it’s perfect for salmon and pasta lovers.
How do you make salmon pasta?
- 500g pasta, either penne or a strip variety such as linguine.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter.
- 1 onion, chopped.
- A sprinkling of good vodka, brandy, or whisky (whichever you prefer, about 2 tbsp)
- 400ml whipping cream (unwhipped)
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Minced parsley to your taste.
How do you make salmon tagliatelle?
Cook tagliatelle in salted water until al dente according to package instructions, then drain. Add salmon, lemon zest, and tagliatelle to the pan and cook for approx 3 – 4 min. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste and serve with Parmesan. Enjoy!
How do you make smoked salmon tagliatelle?
Cut the smoked salmon into thin strips and add to the pan and combine. Deglaze with whisky. Turn off the heat and add the cream. Cook your homemade tagliatelle in a large pan of generously salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes, or until ‘al dente’, ensuring to reserve a cup or so of pasta water for later.
What sauce goes with salmon tagliatelle?
This 30 minute salmon pasta with a creamy garlic sauce is quick and delicious and makes an easy and impressive meal!
How do you make creamy tagliatelle?
Here’s how to make it:
- Sauté the onion until soft.
- Then add the mushrooms.
- Cook until soft.
- Add white wine and cook until it reduces by half.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then add the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta, toss with the sauce, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy every last bite!
What sauce goes with smoked salmon pasta?
Add pasta, some pasta cooking liquid, smoked salmon, toasted pine nuts, parsley, zest to sauce: Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet with the sauce. Add back some of the pasta cooking liquid to the pasta if it is a little dry….Method.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
How do you make salmon white sauce for pasta?
- Pat the salmon dry with paper towels.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over high heat.
- Add the butter to the pan then add the onion.
- Simmer the cream sauce for 5-7 minutes until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Add the pasta and toss until the pasta is coated in the sauce.
- Taste and adjust seasoning then serve.
How do you make a cream sauce for salmon pasta?
Add cream, wine, lemon zest and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium and cook 5 to 6 minutes or until mixture is thickened to a thin sauce consistency, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low. Drain linguine and add to skillet.
Can you use creme fraiche instead of cream?
Yes, in many cases crème fraiche can be used as an alternative to single or double cream. However, bear in mind that it has a different fat content and taste to regular British cream, so your recipes may turn out a bit different to expected.