What is the 2 4 8 rule in PowerPoint?
Use the 2/4/8 rule. When I look back at my most successful slide decks there’s a pattern, I call it the 2/4/8 rule: about every 2 minutes I have a new slide (about 30 slides for a 60 minute speech), no more than 4 bullets per slide, and no more than 8 words per bullet.
How do I make my presentation fun?
8 Ways to Make Your Presentation More Interactive
- Break the ice. Each of your audience members comes to your presentation in a completely different mood.
- Tell stories.
- Add videos.
- Embrace the power of non-linear presenting.
- Ask questions during your presentation.
- Poll the audience.
- Use props.
- Share the glory.
How do you make history lessons fun?
6 Ways To Make History Class More Fun
- Help children memorize dates by using fun mnemonics – History has an endless number of dates that need to be remembered.
- Find interesting trivia when teaching topics that might become too dry – Some history topics are unavoidably dry.
How do I make my lessons engaging?
10 Ways to Keep Your Class Interesting
- Incorporate Mystery Into Your Lessons.
- Don’t Repeat Classroom Material.
- Create Classroom Games.
- Give Your Students Choices.
- Use Technology.
- Don’t Take Teaching so Seriously.
- Make Your Lessons Interactive.
- Relate Material to Your Students’ Lives.
How do you make a presentation not boring?
How to Make Boring Presentations More Interesting & Fun (10 Expert Tips)
- Less Slide Content, More Speaking Points.
- Use Animation for Effect.
- Make the Most of Your Screen Real Estate.
- Invest The Majority Of Your Time in Writing Great Content.
- Energize the Audience.
- Leave Presentation Design to the Professionals.
How do you make virtual classes fun?
Here are the 8 best tips that will help you learn how to make lessons fun and engaging in an online classroom:
- Present your best (online) self.
- Use technology to your advantage.
- Find what inspires your students.
- Set goals and help students stick to them.
- Keep it interactive.
- Break down the lessons and make it digestible.
How do I make my class less boring?
Worst-Case Wednesday: How To Survive A Boring Class
- Pull your hair or pinch yourself.
- Wear as few items of clothing as possible.
- Hide more interesting reading material.
- Suggest holding class outside.
- Send text messages on your cell phone.
- Make paper airplanes.
- Keep a list of words with dirty meanings.
- Take notes with your nondominant hand.
How do you motivate students to learn history?
There also are other creative methods that educators can use to excite students about history and bring the past to life.
- Multimedia approach. Combining audio and visual materials is an excellent way to engage students.
- Debates and reenactments.
- Field trips and community history projects.
How do you give a TED talk?
Be nominated or nominate yourself The most direct way to approach TED is through a nomination, either by someone else or yourself. When nominating yourself, TED requires a description of your “idea worth spreading” that your talk will focus on and links to videos of your previous speeches or presentations.
Do TED talks have slides?
In fact, a lot of our best TED and TEDx Talks have had no slides. Your speakers will have tips and instructions on slides in their Speaker Guide, but it’s important for you to review their slides, edit, and cut when needed. When it comes to images and design: Make sure the slides are image rich, and easy to understand.
How do I make an eye catching presentation in PowerPoint?
Tips for Making Effective PowerPoint Presentations
- Use the slide master feature to create a consistent and simple design template.
- Simplify and limit the number of words on each screen.
- Limit punctuation and avoid putting words in all capital letters.
- Use contrasting colors for text and background.
- Avoid the use of flashy transitions such as text fly-ins.
How do you hold students attention?
10 Tips for Holding Attention
- Now you have your students’ attention; holding it is another story.
- Relevant tasks.
- Teach at appropriate level of difficulty.
- Use choral chants of material.
- Make presentations clear.
- Involve students in lecture.
- Use humor.
- Establish the routine, task, and time limit.
How do you capture students attention?
10 Tricks for Capturing Your Students’ Attention
- Begin with motivation. Students need to feel motivated to pay attention.
- Keep it multi-modal.
- Engage the senses.
- Incorporate regular free play.
- Involve students in lesson plans.
- Target students’ “proximal zone of development.”
- Make them laugh.
- Incorporate the unexpected.
How do you make history less boring?
5 Ways to Stop Making History so Freaking Boring
- I didn’t care. At all.
- (1) Stop with the cliches and the gimmicks.
- (2) Put the “social” back in “social studies.”
- (3) Turn it into a story.
- (4) Make it personal.
- (5) Piss the kids off a little bit.
- History can’t be boring.
Why do I get so bored in school?
Under-motivated students complain of boredom in class4 because they feel they already know what’s being taught, so the incentive of doing the work to learn something new is non-existent to them. In some situations, a lack of motivation can be the sign of an underlying issue, such as childhood depression or ADHD.
How do you make a TED Talk Like a presentation?
10 tips for speaking like a Ted Talk pro
- Know your audience.
- Keep it simple, especially if you’re going to give a talk to a general audience.
- Emphasize connection over content.
- Be authentic.
- Diversify your delivery.
- Shake it up.
- Stick to your points.
- Know the setup.
What is the attention span of a 16 year old?
48 to 80 minutes