What is the best exercise for your obliques?
7 Exercises to Tone Your Oblique Muscles
- Bicycle Crunch. 1 of 12. Lie face-up on the floor with your legs straight.
- Single-Leg Side Plank. 3 of 12.
- Rotating Side Plank. 4 of 12.
- Spiderman Push-Up. 6 of 12.
- Cross-Body Mountain Climber. 7 of 12.
- Russian Twist. 8 of 12.
- Dumbbell/Kettlebell Side Crunch. 10 of 12.
How do you target your side obliques?
How to do it:
- Stand straight and hold a dumbbell in one hand at your side.
- Bracing your core, bend sideways at the waist, allowing the dumbbell to drop down toward the floor.
- Using your oblique, pull yourself back to start, repeating for the desired number of reps.
- Repeat on the other side.
How can I build my obliques fast?
Glutes and obliques wind up working together on this exercise, just as they do in real life.
- Offset Dumbbell Squat.
- Single-Arm Overhead Press.
- Single-Arm Farmer’s Carry.
- Side Plank.
- Single-Leg Side Plank.
- Side Plank and Row.
- Core Stabilization.
Do obliques make you look fat?
Oblique exercises can make your waist wider. If you build muscle mass in the obliques, they can develop a wide, square appearance.
What exercises get rid of side fat?
- Start in a plank position.
- Lift your right foot off of the ground and pull your right knee toward your left elbow.
- Hold the move briefly, and then return your foot to its original position.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Continue this move for 30 seconds to a minute.
What are the best exercises for the obliques?
Begin your workout with bicycles crunches, one of the most effective exercises for targeting the obliques. Lying flat on the ground with your hands behind your head and your feet off the ground, alternate bringing your right elbow to your left knee, and then your left elbow to your right knee like you are pedaling a bike.
Do side planks strengthen the obliques?
All planks are great, but when it comes to strengthening your obliques, it’s all about the side planks. Side planks primarily target your internal and external oblique muscles on each side of your torso.
How do I perform a hanging oblique raise?
To complete the hanging oblique raise: Hold onto a chin-up bar with an overhand grip and hang from the bar. Bend your knees and bring them up towards your left rib cage. Extend your kneed to the starting position and repeat the movement except this time bring your knees towards your right rib cage.
What are the benefits of obliques?
Arguably underrated muscle groups, your obliques help support your back, protecting you from injury and improving your posture, according to Sam Chan, DPT, CSCS, a New York-based physical therapist and strength coach. They also help you rotate your torso and, in the case of planks and other isometric hold-it-right-there exercises, resist rotation.