What is the path for My Documents?
A shortcut to it is displayed directly on the user’s desktop. The Windows NT family of operating systems set up the “My Documents” folder in the user’s profile folder. In Windows XP and earlier, the path is \Documents and Settings\[user name]\My Documents\ (alias %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\ ) on boot volume.
How do I go to My Documents in command prompt?
We type cd Documents in Command Prompt to visit “Documents.” We’re now in the “Documents” folder. To move down another level, we type cd on the command line followed by the name of that directory.
How do I find a folder in command prompt?
- Open File Explorer in Windows.
- Click in the address bar and replace the file path by typing cmd then press Enter.
- This should open a black and white command prompt displaying the above file path.
- Type dir /A:D.
- There should now be a new text file called FolderList in the above directory.
How do I find the path in command prompt?
Go to the destination folder and click on the path (highlights in blue). type cmd. Command prompt opens with the path set to your current folder.
Where are all your Documents saved?
Search File Explorer: Open File Explorer from the taskbar or right-click on the Start menu, choose File Explorer, then select a location from the left pane to search or browse. For example, select This PC to look in all devices and drives on your computer, or select Documents to look only for files stored there.
Where are all of your Documents saved on a computer hard drive?
On Windows computers, all document-related files (e.g., word processor and spreadsheet files) default to save in the My Documents folder automatically.
How to access documents and settings Windows 10?
– Open Settings. – Click on Privacy. – Click on the library that you want to restrict access: Documents — restricts apps from accessing files stored in your Documents library.
How to open the windows my Documents or documents folder?
Click the Start menu,which is usually at the bottom-left corner of the screen,and then click the Documents folder.
How to set the path in Microsoft Windows?
On the desktop,right-click the Computer icon and select Properties.
How to open a document in Windows 10?