What is the theme of Earth Day by Jane Yolen?
Answer: I think the purpose of this poem is to persuade us to take care of the Earth. I think this because the author says, “I am the Earth/And the Earth is me.” This quote shows me that the author is telling us that we are part of the Earth, and if it dies, we die as well.
Who wrote Earth Day poem?
William Wordswith, one of the greatest poets in England, is known as the poet of nature.
Is Jane Yolen married?
David StempleJane Yolen / Spouse (m. 1962–2006)
Who is the poet of the poem Mother Earth?
Henry Van Dyke, ‘Mother Earth’. Mother of all the high-strung poets and singers departed, Mother of all the grass that weaves over their graves the glory of the field, Mother of all the manifold forms of life, deep-bosomed, patient, impassive, Silent brooder and nurse of lyrical joys and sorrows!
Why does the speaker say I am the Earth and the Earth is me?
Answer. In this poem, the line ” I am the poem of the earth ” means rain become the song of the earth. It gives life to all creators like song is relaxation to our heart. Here ‘I’ refers to rain.
What is a good Earth Day poem?
1. A Bird Came Down the Walk by Emily Dickinson. A bird came down the walk:He did not know I saw;He bit an angle-worm in halvesAnd ate the fellow, raw. And then he drank a dewFrom a convenient grass,And then hopped sidewise to the wallTo let a beetle pass.
How was the Earth described in the poem?
In the poem, ” I am the land”, the poet describes the Earth as an ocean of patience. The land feels happy when nature takes its course and greenery grows or children play around on it. The poet makes the land sound more realistic as he uses personification.
How old is Jane Yolen?
83 years (February 11, 1939)Jane Yolen / Age
Where is Jane Yolen from?
New York, NYJane Yolen / Place of birth (Mount Sinai Beth Israel)
What is the central idea of the poem Mother Earth?
The main idea of the poem is love of nature, and the role of the earth in being a part of nature’s beauty. The poem is set in an open field with beautiful meadows, forests, oceans, and mountains.
What are some good Earth Day quotes?
Earth Day Inspiration
- “I only feel angry when I see waste.
- “The Earth is what we all have in common.”
- “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.”
- “Time spent among trees is never time wasted.”
- “Away, away, from men and towns,