What is Wellfleet MA known for?
Wellfleet is a pretty small town, but it’s surrounded by the coast on both sides. It’s most well known for its great oysters (which you have to try!) and wildlife sanctuary. Plus, it’s pretty centrally located on Cape Cod, so you can easily take trips to nearby towns and beaches if you want.
Does Wellfleet have a downtown?
Clothing, accessories and gifts on Main Street in downtown Wellfleet. A carefully curated collection of all things paper.
What is there to do in Wellfleet on a rainy day?
Top 10 Best things to do on a rainy day in Wellfleet, MA
- Whydah Pirate Museum. 21.4 mi.
- Woods Hole Science Aquarium. 43.3 mi.
- Cape Cod Potato Chips. 21.7 mi.
- Cape Cod Museum of Natural History.
- Monomoy National Wildlife Refuge.
- Pilgrim Monument & Provincetown Museum.
- Toad Hall Classic Sports Car Collection.
- Edward Gorey House.
What part of the Cape is Wellfleet?
A total of 70% of the town’s land area is under protection, and nearly half of it is part of the Cape Cod National Seashore. Wellfleet is famous for its oysters, which are celebrated in the annual October Wellfleet OysterFest….
Is Wellfleet MA a good place to live?
Wellfleet is a with a population of 3,617. Wellfleet is in Barnstable County and is one of the best places to live in Massachusetts. Living in Wellfleet offers residents a rural feel and most residents own their homes. In Wellfleet there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks.
What do you do at the beach when it rains?
Rain, rain go away….How to make the most of a rainy beach vacation
- Have a spa day. If you can’t get your relaxation time at the beach, there’s no better spot than a spa.
- Explore top attractions in the area.
- Catch a movie.
- Take a self-guided food tour.
- Bust out the games.
- Keep cozy in bed.
- Embrace the rain.
What to do in Cape May if it rains?
Naval Air Station Wildwood Aviation Museum. 915.
How wide is Wellfleet MA?
two miles wide
Wellfleet is a charming fishing town that is only two miles wide. It is bounded by spectacular beaches, towering dunes, and the roaring surf of the Atlantic Ocean to the east and the tranquil waters of Cape Cod Bay to the west. The Cape Cod National Seashore encompasses the entire ocean side of Wellfleet.
What county is Wellfleet MA?
Barnstable CountyWellfleet / County
How much does it cost to get into Marconi Beach?
Managed by the National Park Service, daily parking is available here for a fee at the entrance booth. Note: Pedestrians and bicyclists have a $10 fee.
Which beaches on Cape Cod are free?
The Best Free Beaches on Cape Cod
- Bayview Street, Hyannis Park, Barnstable. Watch the ferry boats cruise in and out of Hyannis Harbor.
- South Shore Drive, South Yarmouth.
- Rock Harbor, Bay View Drive, Orleans.
- Oyster Pond, Stage Harbor Road, Chatham.
- Grews Pond, Goodwill Park Road, Falmouth.