Which vitamin D tablets are best UK?
The best vitamin D supplements to buy
- BetterYou Dlux 1000 Vitamin D Oral Spray: Best vitamin D oral spray.
- Nu U Max Strength Vitamin D3: Best vitamin D gel capsules.
- Incite Max Strength Vitamin D3: Best value high-strength vitamin D tablets.
- Boots Vegan Vitamin D3: Best vitamin D supplement for vegans.
What is the best kind of vitamin D to buy?
A quick look at the best vitamin D supplements
- Best high dose: Pure Encapsulations D3 10,000 IU, NOW Foods D3 10,000 IU.
- Best vegan: Pure Encapsulations Vitamin D3 (Vegan) Liquid, HUM Nutrition Here Comes the Sun.
- Best gummies: Nordic Naturals Zero Sugar Vitamin D3 Gummies 1,000 IU.
- Best drops: Thorne Vitamin D/K2.
Can you get vitamin D tablets over-the-counter?
Sometimes people can get what they need from an over-the-counter (OTC) supplement, but many people need a prescription from their doctor. You can find generic vitamin D supplements in pharmacies and drugstores as well as brand-name supplements such as Drisdol and Calciferol.
How much Vit D should I take a day?
Taking a multivitamin with vitamin D may help improve bone health. The recommended daily amount of vitamin D is 400 international units (IU) for children up to age 12 months, 600 IU for people ages 1 to 70 years, and 800 IU for people over 70 years.
Can I take vitamin D without consulting a doctor?
“It is very unsafe to take Vitamin D or any supplement without consulting a doctor or health practitioner as there have been cases where patients have shown toxic levels of Vitamin D in their blood,” warns Syed.
What is the symptom of low vitamin D?
Symptoms of vitamin D deficiency can include muscle weakness, pain, fatigue and depression. To get enough D, look to certain foods, supplements, and carefully planned sunlight.