Why did my AcuRite thermometer stop working?
Make sure you use standard alkaline batteries. AcuRite does not recommend rechargeable or heavy-duty batteries for its products. Lithium batteries are recommended for the sensor in temperature below – 4ºF/ – 20ºC. It will take 5 minutes after replacing the batteries to synchronize the sensor and display unit.
How do I reset my AcuRite thermometer?
- Bring both the sensor and display unit together and power down by removing all batteries from each and/or removing the power cord.
- Change the A-B-C switch on both units to a new, matching channel then press and hold the reset button for 20 seconds if applicable.
- Reinstall the batteries in the outdoor sensor.
How long do AcuRite sensors last?
You can also verify if the Atlas sensor is receiving power by checking to see if the red light in the battery compartment of the Atlas sensor is flashing every 10 seconds. Verify that you are about to use a fresh set of batteries. The battery expiration date should be at least 6 years out.
How do you calibrate an AcuRite outdoor thermometer?
Calibrate Temperature & Humidity To access calibration mode, press AND HOLD the “▲”, “Set”, and “▼” buttons (located on the back of the display unit) for at least 5 seconds. 2. Once in calibration mode, the preference you are currently setting will blink on the display.
How do I pair my AcuRite sensor?
MyAcuRite.com: How to add a sensor to the My AcuRite® Dashboard
- From the menu, select Settings > Devices.
- Locate the name of the device you want to link the sensor to.
- From Available Sensors, select + Add next to the sensor you want to link to the Connection Device.
- Enter the sensor settings:
- Select Save.
How long does a home weather station last?
A quality weather station array can last up to 10 years or longer, although some sensors may require replacement if damaged from high winds or hail. Inexpensive temperature- and humidity-only units may not last as long but should give reliable readings for a few years at least.