Why do students fail literature in Waec?
Nevertheless, many things account for students’ poor performance in literature in WAEC examination. These include poor preparation for the examination, poor understanding of subject matter,non-compliance with examiner’s instructions, poor study habit and poor conduct and comportment during an examination.
What is the best way to understand literature?
Study Tips for Literature
- Read actively!
- Take notes.
- Pay attention to problem spots.
- Review your notes periodically and transfer them to Word, Google Docs, Evernote, or OneNote.
- In your notes document, list other texts—even music or art—that somehow remind you of this particular text.
How can I speak a very good English?
Regardless of your level, here’s how to speak English better in 10 easy steps:
- Imitate away.
- Avoid learning word by word.
- Use what you’ve learned immediately.
- Be an actor.
- Listen to others as much as you speak.
- Listen to yourself and get feedback from native speakers.
- Become visual.
- Narrate your life.
Is an Ielts score of 7 GOOD?
Each individual IELTS Skill (Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking) gets a band score in this range. You also get an overall band score for your whole test….What Is a Good IELTS Score?
|IELTS Band Score||Skill Level|
Which is the best app to improve vocabulary?
The Best Vocabulary Building Apps and Websites
- Vocabulary.com for New Word Testing (Web, iOS, Android)
- Magoosh Vocabulary Builder for GRE, SAT, and TOEFL Prep (iOS, Android)
- Anki or Quizlet for Old-School Word Learning (Web, iOS, Android, Windows, Mac)
- Reverse Dictionary for Finding the Right Word (Web)
How do you master English literature?
Start early. Don’t wait to study until the night before a big exam! Particularly with a subject such as English literature, where you will probably be asked analytical questions as well as content questions, you must have time to familiarize yourself with some of the complexities of your material.
How can I learn literature quickly?
Exam Preparation: How to prepare for the Literature exam
- Read and re-read your texts.
- Learn quotations.
- Read around your text.
- Talk your ideas through.
- Go back over your own work.
- Study style – select and scrutinise significant/striking/special sections.
- Get to know VCAA a little better.
- Write sample paragraphs.
How difficult is ielts 8?
In IELTS Reading and Listening, getting a Band 8 score means correctly answering at least 89% of the questions. In IELTS Speaking and Writing, Band 8 performance isn’t calculated simply by looking at raw scores. Instead, your performance needs to match the official description of IELTS Band 8.
How do I pass a literature exam?
How to Pass a Literature… Exam?
- 1). Prepare. While seemingly obvious, preparing is key for your success in written exams.
- 2). Practice.
- 3). Plan.
- 4). Repeat the question.
- 5). PEE.
- 6). Read the whole paper first.
- 7). Give yourself time to relax beforehand.
- 8). Stay hydrated.
How can I improve my vocabulary in 30 days?
How To Improve Your Vocabulary In 30 Days
- Make use of new words.
- Read every single day.
- Improve Your Vocabulary: Keep a thesaurus closeby.
- Learn everyday vocabulary.
- Learn new words each day.
- A dictionary is your best friend.
- Improve Your Vocabulary: Play word games.
- DIY vocabulary tests.
Which app is best for vocabulary?
Below are the 10 best English vocabulary improving apps for Android.
- Busuu. The best and fastest way to learn English is not to do it alone.
- Advanced English & Thesaurus.
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary.
- uVocab – Vocabulary Trainer.
- SAT Vocabulary.
- Practice English Grammar.
- Miss Spell’s Class.
How do you answer the Waec literature question?
For every literature question, your answer must relate to the question and must be concise, meaningful, contain relevant information and ample references from the text….You know a character by the following:
- what he or she says;
- what people or other characters say about him or her; and.
- what he or she does in the text.